At least the rainbows were pretty.

on December 14, 2010
I was in our back room this morning, cutting up and processing the new flowers. I'm mindlessly filling up buckets. And I can't explain why I walked away. I've never walked away. But I guess I wanted this morning to be exciting.
The water hose had been going slow and as I wandered a few steps off I had in a flash completely forgotten about the water hose as I was apparently in Sherri-happy-fun-time-land. There are rainbows.

But when I returned several minutes later I certainly remembered. Since there before me was a layer of water covering the entire back half of the room, flooding up underneath the cabinets, soaking the bottoms of several cardboard boxes, trying to crest our thick standing mat...

I dashed to turn the water off and tried to survey the leakage. It didn't look that bad. Not really. More like a thin layer of water. Just on the back half of the room. I ran up front to grab some newspapers for the small spills that occur. My boss called out that I should treat the amaryllis like callas, don't give them too much water or their tips curl.
I could feel the sheepish grin crawl all over me. Too much water? Sure. No problem.

I threw the newspapers out, grateful I actually had decided to wear my warm, thick boots that morning because otherwise I would have been soaked. And cold. And three layers of newspapers later I finally got the water down enough to where I could sweep the rest of it out the back door. A half hour process. My boss laughed.

Adventures. Adventures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment