On a Timer: Go! Gotta run, gotta run now....

on March 25, 2012
Ahem.

I have not left the blogosphere, but I have had Less Than Much to talk about lately. Also, sadly, blogging usually takes at least 45 minutes to an hour of my time and I have not been willing to give it that. Nor should it usually take that long.

And I did promise my body I'd be in bed by 11:00 tonight. However, due to the I Must Start Posting Again drive I'm giving myself a 15 minute abstention, as well as a 15 minute timer. It is 11:01. What can we discuss in 14 minutes.

1) My Town is Stupid.
This should really be its own post. But in Friday's paper it was announced that my town would be closing 3 of our 4 tornado shelters due to the fact that they don't meet the Disabilities Requirements Act. That's fine - I understand they need to be updated - but update them. Instead the article informed us that a) not only did the fourth shelter not meet the requirements either and that b) it only holds "about 100 people" but that c) instead we should prepare for alternative action. Like getting in a closet. Or bathroom.
I'm not kidding.
Look, how many times recently have we heard of a town "needing to be underground to survive." Too many. And while its true that our particular town hasn't had that particular event yet, we live in Tornado Alley. I'm aware that most of the time getting in a closet will do it, if you even need to do that - but come on. For those rare times you do need to be underground, you will regret it deeply if you aren't. There is no excuse for any town in our state to be without underground shelters. It is foolish.

2) I Love Lynn Ahrens and You Do Too.
Apparently one of my favorite musical lyricists (of Flaherty/Ahrens fame Ragtime, Once On this Island & Seussical) has continually worked on SchoolHouse Rock since its inception. (Thank you, Wikipedia!) So if you loved the songs The Tale of Mr. Morton, Interjections! or Interplanet Janet then you do too. (She's worked on lots of others. Those were just the ones I remembered the best.)

3) Now for the Ultimate Question.
I finished reading Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy for the first time. While I didn't realize it wasn't a stand alone book (and was surprised by that), I have borrowed the Complete version so I'm good to go. It was very refreshing, very fun and I'm excited to read the other books since I think I'll know less of the jokes ahead of time. (They were still great, but the ones that really made me laugh out loud were the ones that caught me off guard.) Marvin is still my favorite, although I love Trillian, and I love the Genuine People Personalities built into the computer system. The doors were my favorite. I'm looking forward to the next one.

4) I Miss Godzilla.
I must break out Final Wars soon. Anyone want to watch a Godzilla movie with me? Or we can watch a new one? Pleeease?


Down to three minutes. 

And I'm blanking! I'm blanking!

5) A Whole Class on Weddings.
My bosses were able to get me into the Teleflora Education Center's Wedding Class in June. It's a four day intensive study of all things bridal bouquet, consultations, pricing and wedding work and I'm pretty excited to take it.

Aaand just barely over a minute!

0 comments:

Post a Comment