The Newspaper Thieves Get Their Due (Oh, and the meth house was busted!)

on June 27, 2012
FINALLY.

Ever since I've been at the shop we've noticed the drug house across the street. That's at least six years - so there's probably been at least ten my bosses have caught on.

And it's not hard to notice. So we've called it in several times but was under the impression nothing was being done. 

Until TODAY.

Today was my day off, but I showed up for a few minutes after my boss texted me about all the excitement happening.

Apparently FBI agents and police force suddenly appeared out of nowhere at the shop. My boss was outside when he suddenly saw swarms of agents surrounding the building and no one had any idea what was going on. And then boom - the house across the street was busted into it and suddenly five people are being forced to lay down on their yard and everything was crazy.

For those of you who know the area, apparently Gordon Cooper Vo-Tech was the command center for the whole thing. And apparently they were making trips every other day to the city to get the meth from the Mexican drug cartel.
Um....

Also, they've recently started stealing our Sunday morning newspaper. Which is annoying.

Anyway, the shop was featured on two of the local channels on all three evening broadcasts which was pretty funny. I had found video of the newscast, but by the time I had posted it and double-checked the link they had already moved it somewhere else. And I can't find it again. So if I did happen across it later, I'll try again.
(EDIT: This video appears to be working currently. The guy with curly hair is my boss, the pretty lady playing with calla lillies is his wife (my other boss) and the other girl interviewed is Bree's wife for those of you from OBU.) 

This is now the second time Graves has made the newscast - the first being when the ice storm came and knocked out our power for five days and Channel 5 happened to see our plight on our sign. Which was awesome because they ended the report with "But the electric company has ensured us that this shop will have electricity by the end of the day."

Anyway, it was pretty wild for here.  Tomorrow we'll go back to working on wedding work - and I suspect fielding a few calls from people who saw my very beloved bosses on television.

0 comments:

Post a Comment