In the middle of it all.

on August 21, 2010
My birthday week ended up pretty spiffy. On the evening of I was super excited it was completely free of errands, projects, etc. Grandma & I went to Chilis to celebrate. We ate too much (including dessert) but it was deliiiicious. Yum.

And then I napped for three hours. It was wonderful.

Again, thanks to everyone who made my birthday week really awesome. By the end of the day I felt really special and it's because I'm surrounded by amazing people. :) You rock.

Anyway, today was also very quiet, which was nice. Jesse & I caught a matinee of Scott Pilgrim vs the World this afternoon which was very enjoyable. I loved all the video game music references and I'm sure I didn't catch them all. It was just a fun movie. I had Chick Fil A. And then I came home and got started on (another) project involving pictures. The whole day was calm. It was nice.

While I'm here:
Did you know yesterday was National Lemonade Day? I'm sorry I'm late on this, but I'm not heartbroken since I'm not a fan of the drink. So my apologies to all you lemonade lovers out there. Hopefully you already knew or celebrated anyway. :)

But this is super cool: Images of Russia, color images no less, from a century ago. They're really beautiful shots - you can't help but stare at their faces and wonder who they were, what their lives were like. I was in awe since I can't even wrap my mind around their lifestyle.
Also, the website those images are on (The Big Picture) is a really awesome photography blog to keep up with. They usually update once a week with a theme or category and show an average of 40 pictures or so from around the world that fit it. The images are always wonderful.

And while the Russia pictures caught my eye more, if you're looking for old photographs to browse through, the Life gallery is here. Also, beautiful, beautiful pictures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment