A little Q&A.

on November 8, 2011
Why you no blog as much?
Work has been very...challenging lately. That's a good word for it. Stressful isn't the right word and neither is bad (although there have been days). Challenging is about right. And so I've pretty much been coming home humdrum and going to bed early in order to survive the next day intact.
In fact, I should be in bed right now.
We have, however, hired a new girl! And I'm very excited about this. I think this will work out well. And if it does, it will help a lot. She began training with us today.

So what's been going on?
EARTHQUAKES. Crazy EARTHQUAKES. We had one Friday night at 2:00 AM that legitimately scared me - it was the largest one I had ever felt, and it was late at night and suddenly the whole house was shaking. However, the next night was when we had the record setting one for the state (5.6) and since we were in the city I guess we didn't feel it at all. Bizarre. Another 4.7 one happened tonight and wasn't that bad, but the phenomena still feels strange.
Oh, and there were tornadoes everywhere in the southwest part of the state, and we're in a tornado watch until 4:00 am. Welcome to Oklahoma!

Also, I would like to know the power of that wind gust that just passed by my window, because it sounded like a train was trying to come through. 

How was Halloween?
When I celebrated the actual holiday itself, it was good. I saw most of my kiddos the Saturday night before and enjoyed dinner with them as well, so that was wonderful. Actual Halloween night however was...bad. We were slammed at work, I actually had to go back in and finish something up and I loathe driving on Halloween night due to all the kids running around. And I was exhausted. So... I was glad when that was over.

Wait! Speaking of holidays! I bought my first Christmas tree!
I had mentioned to grandma that I would like a tree in my room this year, but they're always so expensive it just didn't seem like a good idea. But she kept an eye out and this past weekend Big Lots had a 7 foot tree, pre-lit on sale for $50, which was too good a deal to pass up, so I splurged and I'm very excited about this. Now the decision of how to decorate it arises. Since we do the front tree in traditional greens, reds & golds I'm looking for something different. Usually my room is decorated in brighter colors with lots of penguins at Christmas, so that may be a guiding factor.
My grandma is awesome.

Now it is certainly bedtime. You should pray no trains come through my window.

0 comments:

Post a Comment