Oh Cecilla, you're breaking my heart...

on November 13, 2011
In the middle of running out the door this morning I suddenly realized this song was playing on repeat in the back of my mind. Not that I mind since it's certainly catchy but what a random choice, brain. Also, did not know it was written by Simon & Garfunkel until just now. The more you know.

Yesterday we wrapped up another open house at the shop. These past few weeks at the shop have just been a little stressful at times, so we struggled to get this one up on its feet. (Though admittedly, that's pretty typical.)  In fact, to give you some idea of how our mindset has been, I can tell you that for this very open house we almost sent out flyers to businesses without our name on them anywhere. No name, no address, no phone number, ha. Just a flyer proclaiming an open house somewhere! Good luck! Special prizes for those who find it!

Four of us proofread it and didn't catch it until the very last minute. Ha.

Then I sent out a rushed mass email Thursday night with all the information, sales, prizes, blah blah blah. Only to receive several replies the next morning reading "Sounds great! But when is it?" and "Did I miss the date & time?"

.... oh yes, my friends. I had sent out this mass email without the date or time mentioned anywhere. I laughed a little hysterically, responded to the individuals, and somehow despite all of our apparent attempts to fail our own open house it went off, I think, pretty successfully. Plus, they did very little advertising this time. So yay! Done!

It's certainly not a huge event, but it is something we start considering and developing in August. So while its a nice kickoff to the holidays it's always a small relief when its over too. Now onto poinsettias, grave blankets and Thanksgiving.

As for life outside of work, well... that's pretty much what I've been wrapped up with lately. I'm on disc 3 of season 5 of LOST, putting me about halfway through the season and almost finished with the series. (There's six seasons total.) It's currently getting pretty convoluted. I will certainly finish it out - I mean, I'm so close - but I can certainly see why the fans started calling foul at this point.

I did see Brigadoon recently for the first time. Man, that's a dumb show! How did that ever become a classic? (Apologies to all fans of the miracle island.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too hilarious, friend. I hope work calms down soon!

Post a Comment