A Fresh Breath of Christmas

on December 28, 2011
There's a reason I've only posted three times this month so far. Honestly, I've just been enjoying the season so much. I haven't given hardly any thought to blogging - or even checking blogger since so many have been out - or most other types of social media. I've been pretty consumed with the entirety of Christmas and that's been awesome since it's the first time in over a decade I've been so wonderfully wrapped up in all the cheer.

I've wanted to see Christmas lights, watch Christmas specials, hang decorations everywhere, send Christmas cards, wrap gifts...  And while there have been times in the past I've wanted to do those things as well this is the first season there has been no doubt, no dark cloud of grief, nothing that usually at least tempers my holiday spirit. It is purely incredible to me and incredibly lovely as well. I'm fully aware this could only be a gift from God's own hand and I'm left speechless by it. And this is a very precious gift as I've been praying and praying for complete healing and restoration and love and not just the feeling of getting by. I've been praying for wholeness and while I'm certain this isn't the end of it it's a beautiful breath of fresh air in between.

However! I do certainly plan on wrapping the year up in review within the next few days. My family has headed back home, and things are settling down post-holiday, so it looks like a return to normal. Nevertheless, this is a Christmas season I pray I never forget.

I hope yours was as beautiful as mine and that your Christmas spirit continues well into the new year. Love to all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment