Hit me with a hot note....

on December 8, 2011
I am rocking Christmas shopping. Yes, I am.

And I am covered in glitter from the shop. I feel like the Christmas fairy!

Hey, my tree is decorated! (Mmf, these pictures are pretty rough. My camera and I.... not friends.)
 
Oooo....aaaaahh....
Ta-da! Please note the awesome penguin statue in the background as well.

Hm. I promise it doesn't look quite that naked without a tree topper in real life. I haven't had any inspiration for what to use up there.

Also, it leans. But that's okay. I think all leaning Christmas trees always look like a swamp monster, so somehow it fits.


I've found I really, really like hiding in my room with all the lights off except the tree lights. Tree, you're very soothing. Good work. 

Quite by accident, I ended up with more of a rich fuschia/burgandy shade of bulbs rather than the hot pink I originally intended. In the store they looked so different. However, I think I'm much more pleased with this - it still provides a lot of color (and breaks up the blue & silver), but doesn't scream HI.I'MCOLORANDILOVEYOU.



This is my favorite ornament on the tree. It's also one of the oldest. It was originally on our tree when I was kid - in fact, I can't remember not having it and it has always been my favorite.  The one I always wanted to be sure and place. At least that's how I remember it.

I love the sand dollar and I love the way the Nativity scene is drawn. Also, it used to play Silent Night whenever you pressed the button on the back. Now, so many years later, it doesn't play but its still in great shape and makes me smile. It stands front & center on the tree.




I actually watched this movie for the first time in years the other day. It's still pretty cute. I still have to catch Charlie Brown Christmas sometime soon.

Good night, folks. That's all I have for tonight. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment