Diablo Day!

on May 16, 2012
It's finally in mah hands!! :)


Meet Diablo 3.

My cousin was one of the artists who worked on this game and, quite frankly, I'm super proud of him and all his hard work on it. Visually, it's quite beautiful (especially for a demonic world, heh) so far and I really enjoyed spending the evening running around in it with some of my friends. I'm not a gamer by any stretch of the imagination - while I've enjoyed Guild Wars and LOTRO in the past, I've always ended up feeling guilty dedicating so much time to it and usually end up fizzling out.
(Not that you should feel guilty playing games. But for some reason that's where the guilt monkeys attack me. Notice they don't attack me as much for wasting time surfing the internet. Like I'm doing now instead of sleeping. *flicks away a tiny, wimpy guilt monkey*)

Sadly, though, Diablo's launch has been marred by intense server issues. Which means pretty much since its release at midnight last night, there's been very little time its actually been playable. In fact, the reason we finally stopped playing tonight was due to the entire server/battlenet being shut down. As of now (1:00 AM) it is still offline. Eek. 

Nonetheless, it was a lot of fun. Hopefully I'll be able to get through some of it on my own instead of being so dependent on the leading of friends. I made a last minute change to a Wizard class, instead of Demon Hunter. Mostly because I'm a sucker for anything elemental. We'll see how it goes.

Congrats Neal!! May the rage of all the frustrated gamers not deter you from celebrating your artistic success. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment