All Hallows Eve

on October 31, 2010
I can assure you I felt much safer this past Saturday night (between, oh say, 5:30 and 8) as I watched numerous superheroes & Buzz Lightyears wander our streets. :) Grandma & I passed out candy for about two hours before running out. We saw baby Yoda, princesses, ghosts, scary costumes, Transformers, animals... And we had one little boy who arrived at our door in Batman's cape and mask, but with bloody fangs...and a sword? Hm. I never did quite figure that one out.

Also of note, my sales self is apparently now deeply embedded in me as I found myself automatically thanking the kiddos in this fashion:
"Trick or treat!"
"Hi kids! Here you go!"
"Thank you!"
"No, thank you!"

Really, Sherri? Really? Try you're welcome.

*knockknockknock*
"Trick or treat!"
"Hi kids! Here's some treats!"
"Thank you!"
"Thank you!"

*headdoor, headdoor*

I call it the have-a-nice-day syndrome. Not that it's a bad thing to wish someone a good day, but like the thank you situation, sometimes it just comes at the wrong time and you wonder what on earth you were thinking. Anyone else suffer? Anyone?

In the meantime some of my own kiddos came to trick or treat! So I can say we have indeed entertained Superman, Iron Man, Tinkerbell, a basketball player for the Thunder, a hippie and ladybug at our house. :) Or rather, Oreo, entertained them, much to his anxiety. He did really well though. I was proud of him.

But what is a Halloween post without pictures of awesome kids? Here are my favorite ghosts & goblins!







Thanks for the pictures, guys! Happy Halloween!

1 comments:

AngelCole said...

It always surprises me how quickly they all grow up. O.O

You have some awesome kiddos there, pretty lady!

Post a Comment