A Flowery Post: First Flower Show

on October 9, 2010
I recently had the opportunity to attend my first flower show!

Flower show?

I've had a lot of questions on that. It was not a national show. It was held at one of our wholesalers in the city, so think of it as their holiday open house. A way of inspiring designers for the season and showing off "hey-look-at-our-cool-stuff-to-buy" opportunity. Considering I had never even been to our wholesalers, it was a really awesome chance to see what goes on on the other side of the phone when I'm making the morning order. And to see how their coolers are set up. And why they have us specify what kind of foam we like. Etc.

While that part fairly fascinates me, I'm unsure about whether it's as interesting to you.

So.... Look! Pictures!
(These designs were created by our showman for the evening.)

Oooo....aaaaah....I love this technique.


Can you see all the wirework on this piece? It's incredibly popular right now in floral design and a lot of fun to play with.


The technical term for the ball of flowers like this is a pomander. I love them.


A wide shot of the same arrangement. Love the tree fern topiary.


This piece is built on a new product called Stackables and I'm glad to see a holiday use for them. We do so much sympathy work at our shop that they're perfect for memorials (we're excited), but it was nice to be reminded of the possibility for daily work too.



I know this piece looks really simple compared to the others, but it was my favorite centerpiece. So sleek, so modern and I love the graceful movement of leaves with clusters of flowers. And, of course, all green will always catch my eye. Lovely.


Super cute! Pomanders! Yaay!


Any favorites? Photos interesting at all? :)

(Adoption update: They're in the air! They'll be in Ethopia tomorrow!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment