Anemoneeeeees....

on March 31, 2011
Hmm... I'll condense all my flower fun to one post. That way you won't be subjected to several if you're not interested. (But there will be a quiz later.)

After three+ years of begging my boss we finally have in THESE:


ANEMONES.
I'm pretty excited. I spend most of my downtime at work perusing wedding blogs and a few years ago I spotted these for the first time and have pestered Pam to get them in ever since. I love their velvety centers, perfect colors, touches of greenery... They're so gorgeous in bridal bouquets and incredibly hot right now. And this is why we have them in the first place - in June there's a wedding that they're going to feature in (finally) and we're currently testing them to see how they do. Which means they're totally free for us to play with. Oh, so lovely!

Speaking of weddings, we've been in a wedding drought for the past year and a half at the shop and suddenly they're flooding in. Two the last weekend of April no less and one completely in tropicals. Which is also exciting, since my boss hasn't worked one in tropicals before.

(And supposedly the local prom is set for the last weekend in April as well. ...at least it's not on Mother's Day again? Eheh?)

In case you're curious: one of the weddings will be in tiffany blue & red, one in tropicals (with protea, birds of paradise & ginger) & one in hot pink & black with ostrich feathers & bling. And a few others in process.

I did attend a flower show in the city last week, which was mostly boring. But I did get a few good tidbits out of it and it helps me realize that I'm keeping up with trends, so that's useful. A few pictures worth sharing:




These three were the ones I liked the best, but the last one is my favorite. Outside of that, though, not much to share from the show.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty pictures! I wish you would post more things that you make (if you're allowed)...

Post a Comment