(Another) Wedding Gallery

on October 7, 2011
This wedding was just fun to work. I enjoyed every minute of it. I'll just say up front, I loved the way all the colors (burgandys, plums & golds) & style worked out from this one. Everything turned out just gorgeous. And the lanterns were beautiful. 

Gallery!

Do you remember when I was discussing the reception pieces that averaged 40 minutes each because there were not only so many different varieties of flowers involved, but so many different colors?


Reception Centerpieces

That would be one of them.

Okay, so the breakdown for those pieces alone: dahlias (gold, red, purple), amaranthus (purple, green), candlelight roses (gold), stock (purple), hypericum (red, green), callas (purple, gold,) and freesia (purple, gold). And seeded euc.

Reception Centerpieces - Gratuitous 'I-think-this-is-pretty' photo.

And while we're still at the reception:

Bride's Table


Pam designed the bride's table, and the bride happened to be her niece. So it was extra nice that everything turned out so well.

Cake Table

Hm. So the cake table was my piece.

Of course you're most critical of your own work (and since I designed it and took the picture it's a double slam), but this picture just looks incredibly messy to me. I think its the burgundy amaranthus (hanging stuff) smack down the center. In my defense it did not look like that in real life. I was actually really pleased with how it turned out. So. There you go.

Also, on the point of tinting: we did so much spray painting for this wedding. (But honestly, I could say that about most weddings. Or often work days in general.) Those gold dahlias are actually incredibly neon yellow. We tinted their tips with black cherry paint to dull their brightness. The amaranthus came in too pink - we dulled it with black cherry. The purple dahlias weren't dark enough. The red dahlias weren't dark enough. So. Much. Paint.

Back to reception.
Top of Staircase
The bride & groom were presented at the top of a stairwell, so these pieces were for that. The birdcage was at the top and several mixed pieces were placed down the steps with candle holders containing electric votives. Apparently the guests were very consumed with worry that they were real candles.


I love the look of the top. So pretty. That green hanging amaranthus is one of my favorite flowers.

 Okay, three left and then we're done. Wedding party!


Bridesmaids:

Funny story:  So while the pictures above are of the same arrangement, each one of the six bridesmaids bouquets were to be slightly individualized.  However, since I was getting back into the swing of handhelds and it was my first one I had to rework it several times. And then when I finally finished, after glancing at my bosses once, I turned around to find that we had created practically the exact same bouquet, minus one flower. Heh.

And at last, of course, the beauty:
Bridal Bouquet
I've made comments to my boss before about how I never seem to like the bridal bouquet as much as the bridesmaids, simply because they're often given more texture or color or overall interest to their bouquets. But that is not the case here. 



I really love the look of this bouquet. I love the colors, I love the touches of sparkle, I love the way the ribbon curls on the handheld. You can't really see it without a close up, but she frosted the tips of the purple dahlias white just a touch to pick up the white of her dress. Gorgeous. This is simply one of my favorites.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very colorful indeed! These were worth all the work you gave them.

Post a Comment