Some Movie News (& Then Bedtime)

on October 24, 2011
Some quick links worthy of noting:

Anne Hathaway Joins Les Mis (And Writer Announced)
"After months of speculation, Anne Hathaway has officially joined Tom Hooper's adaptation of the musical, Les Miserables. Her spokesperson confirms a Deadline report that she’ll play Fantine, the tragically abused mother of young Cosette. Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe have already been cast as the noble Jean Valjean and the heartless Inspector Javert, respectively. ... 
William Nicholson, who co-wrote Gladiator, is writing the script, with the film being targeted for a Dec. 7, 2012 release."

 Okay, maybe the writer was announced before, but I just now caught it.


I did see Nathan Fillion's tweet on this earlier, but I was a little confused since it came out of nowhere. Now I see I was supposed to be surprised! Cool! Anyway, interesting interview included here, as well as the notation that Avengers has finished production.
Joss Whedon Wraps up Secret 'Much Ado'

"After wrapping production on Marvel Studios’ gargantuan summer tent-pole The Avengers, writer-director Joss Whedon was supposed to go on a monthlong vacation with his wife, Kai Cole. Instead, Whedon tells EW exclusively that his wife suggested he finally make the feature film version of William Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing he’d been ruminating over for years.
And so he did— adapting the script, casting the film with Whedonverse alums like Nathan Fillion, Amy Acker (Angel), Alexis Denisof (BuffyAngel), and Sean Maher (Firefly), and shooting the self-funded, black-and-white indie in secret over 12 days at his Santa Monica, Calif., home."

Of course, what is movie news without some Batman?
Dark Knight Rises Will Release Prologue
Y'know, I didn't see the prologue released for Dark Knight and truthfully... I'm not interested in seeing this one either. Sure, it would be cool, and I would love to hear a general consensus on it, but I just don't really want to see it out of context. This is the last Batman film, at least of this saga. And I'm trying to savor the wait. I look back on it and realize that if I had seen that DK prologue, while it certainly wouldn't have spoiled the film at all, I just... I just think I'd rather see the whole effect in theatres. If I had an interest in Mission: Impossible I might change my mind, but I don't.
(Despite that, it really will kill me when it releases to try not to go watch it. Self-restraint! Self-restraint!)

Lots of Woman in Black information coming out, including this new poster. I was sufficiently creeped out by the photo and then Will had to come along and point out that it is also animated (shudder.)  There is also a pretty cool trailer roaming around somewhere, but I can't seem to find it again. (Okay, there's several trailers roaming around, but I'm looking for a very specific one.) When I first heard they were adapting this I was a little concerned, simply because the play relies so much on atmosphere. But I'm pretty intrigued! What do you guys think?
(Intrigued meaning merely that: I'm intrigued, I hope it does well. Do I actually want to see something that may give me nightmares? Not particularly, and certainly not right anytime around Valentine's. That mashup doesn't bode well. We'll see how it goes.)

 Any thoughts on any of these projects? Nathan Fillion!

0 comments:

Post a Comment