Laptop Question: Desk? No Desk? Small Desk?

on October 14, 2011
So I've recently been staring at my computer desk and realizing that my small laptop looks distinctly out of proportion. Yesterday afternoon it dawned on me that I no longer needed that extra space and that I potentially could get rid of my desk for a much smaller one and open up quite a chunk of space in my room.

Mind you, I'm aware my room is large. It's not that I necessarily need to open up a lot of extra space, but it certainly wouldn't hurt either. And the idea alone that I could rearrange something more than picture frames is exciting, because the way my room is set is pretty much set in stone. 

But I do still use my desk for it and that actually occurs probably 95% of the time. I could narrow it down easily to just my printer (that I don't use much now, since I haven't bought ink) and the laptop.  And I think I could easily adapt to anything. I just use the desk now out of habit or convenience.

And my desk is already...sad. Any good bump (which happens often) is likely to finally cause it to come crashing down.

So, my long-time laptop user friends, what do you suggest? Maybe a smaller desk/ larger end table? Any desk at all? How do you end up using yours the most?

1 comments:

Travis said...

When I was in college and living at home, my laptop resided on a TV tray.

Post a Comment