No Reality Check Yet, Please

on May 23, 2010
Sundays are nice. I mean, don't get me wrong, they're busy. Sunday School. Morning church. Lunch with grandma. Study for drama. Drama rehearsal. Evening church. Sometimes rehearsal before Sunday School if the skit goes up that day.

But in the few hours after lunch and before rehearsal, I can usually escape back to my room. Curl up on my bed, warm under the covers, hiding under the mess that is my hair. Quiet. Solitude. Alone. Nothing. Peace.

I've been so tired lately and felt so run-ragged that unfortunately the time I do get to stay home, I usually sleep. But that's not the kind of rest I need. I need to be fully awake but with nothing going on. Hidden off somewhere, away from the world. Quiet time with God in the very literal sense, not necessarily wrapped in a bible study but simply resting in His presence. And God is kind-- usually the hour or so that can be devoted to that seems stretched out on Sunday afternoons and I savor every second. It's wonderful. So I'm not quite ready to give up my Sunday. Can we hold off one more day? Can I sit at the Nickersons for just a few more hours and almost fall asleep on their couches? Just watching tv? I'm jealous of the normalcy.

But I'm home and about to crawl into bed. Tomorrow will be Monday and sleep will certainly enhance my chances of making it on time. And in the meantime I'll wait for next Sunday and pray it's as beautiful as today. :)

I leave you with some awesome travel wear:
"You Built What?! A Real Iron Man Suit"

(My favorite part is that he visited a hospital in it to cheer up local kids and the staff was so delighted they gave him his own nametag. Labeled Iron Man.)
Also: Steampunk Overlord

0 comments:

Post a Comment