May 19th, 2010: The Serbian Sensation

on May 19, 2010
Of all the things I expected to wake up to this morning, this was not one of them. I expected to sleep in. I expected severe weather. I expected a trip to MWC. I expected Chick-Fil-A. I did not expect to log onto a blog I've been caught up in reading for weeks now and see the post that occured at 5:30 this morning.

All Are Precious In His Sight is a blog chronicling the hospital stay of Christyn Joy, a girl from Serbia recently adopted by a couple in the states. They knew before they adopted her that she had medical problems. Honestly, I can't remember the whole list. Basically her entire pulmonary system was failing (to my tiny understanding) and her blood vessels needed to be completely replaced for being too small. Chrissie has already died and been revived twice and had signs of major brain activity afterward both times. But today, it just wasn't enough. Today Chrissie went home with Christ.

I wish I knew something to say to the family. I've never met them personally, but that's irrelevant. Hundreds, if not thousands, all over the world have been following their story. Some (maybe more) have turned to Christ because of the miracles worked so far in Chrissie's life. It just seemed like by this point, God wasn't going to let her die. And while I'm glad that Chrissie is no longer suffering (which she has been - the family has been in the hospital for this visit alone for a month), I'm at a loss for the family & loved ones left behind.

Through the Christian viewpoint, I know God has numbered our days. He knew exactly what would fall on each one. Chrissie's four years were greatly used by the outpouring I've seen of kindness and love to this family and what Chrissie has done through her family. And now she's home. Some days what catches you off guard are more overwhelming than others. Goodbye sweet Serbian sensation. Rest easy in the arms of Christ.

Love and prayers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment