Three Day Weekend

on May 29, 2010
Oh my goodness.... can I express how grateful I am for a three day weekend? Three days. (sort of. two and a half days, but let's not quibble.) I've been begging for an "extra day" for weeks now.
"Can there just be one more day in the weekend? Just one more day?"
Yes. Now there can. Awe-some.

I spent the evening eating grilled hamburgers and other tasty items at the Nickersons house with Brad, Regina, Eric, Cambria, Colin & Lacy. Afterward we spent the remainder of the evening on their porch, in the dark, watching fireflies and discussing life, the universe and everything. It was incredibly peaceful. There were two sweet dogs to love on, as well as two cats, and there was beautiful company. Perfect. I believe it's the first time I've fallen into a rocking chair on a soft summer evening and I now see why it's considered the penultimate country atmosphere.

Other than that, my grandfather's 80th birthday was this past week-- we had a surprise party for him last Saturday and he wanted to take us all out to eat on Thursday which was his actual birthday. The party was a huge success it seems and Thursday was amusing & a lot of fun watching all the cousins interact in the confined restaurant space. Dr. Pepper for almost all seventeen of us? Yes, please!

0 comments:

Post a Comment