"Oh. So you're that shop."

on February 24, 2011
By my bosses reaction, I already knew what the representative had said when she called to schedule an update for the computers. I don't think she was actually trying to be rude - just that she was caught off guard that it was actually us. That we were indeed that shop. The shop that caused chaos when our computers wouldn't work. The shop that called. every. day. The shop that was really, really hacked.

Our reputation has apparently preceded us now.

I would be amused to see what exactly is on our record at their company. By this point, I envision a thousand red flags and blinking warning signs. "BEWARE! BEWARE!" "PROCEED WITH CAUTION." "ABORT!"

And I want to say, We're not angry people! I promise! We just wanted it to work!

Ah well.

A year later now, it still taunts us but not to the same extent. We may not necessarily like what it's doing, but at least we mostly understand why. It's not "Why does it show her account on this screen, but not this one when they're essentially the same thing?" Or "Why did it suddenly change all their account info??" Or "WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S THE MOTHERBOARD?!"

Ahem.
But really, we haven't been on the phone regularly with their company since...August-ish? So we're doing good. The system appears mostly patched. It's not that user friendly, but livable.

At any rate next week an update is rolling out, I suspect to all the shops. And supposedly its including a training session which makes me wary. What exactly are you changing so drastically that requires a training session? And if there's not a drastic change and you're just training us on what we already know, its just going to revive old resentment. Rar. Rar.

Mellow. Yellow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment