"We never said our designers could add.

on February 15, 2011
Only that they could make it look good."
- My boss, after a phone call revealed one of the 35+ sets of dozen roses I made only had ten. Hey, after about 30, you start to fade in and out a bit. :) (Also, my favorite quote from the day.)

I did survive Valentine's. I also survived today, which is crucial in Valentine's Day survival. Sometimes the day after is worse than the holiday. But even though we spent the first half of the morning terrified to answer the phone, it was all good. No angry customers today.

It went well, we think. More kind people this year (to us). More people genuinely happy to send their loved ones gifts, which is always nice.

A random puppy that wandered into the shop. Lovely customers and twitch-worthy customers. I was sinus sick (but felt awesome for V-day). Still sickish. Only two missed deliveries - they just weren't home - some sort of a record. Only one irritatingly angry customer - a record. Giant stuffed animals. Red, pink & white everywhere. Roses. Lilies. Roses. Lilies.

The lovely customers make it all worth it. Even though the rest of the day makes us crazy - the lovely customers make it worth it.

But I'm still glad it won't come around again for another 363 days. (Is that right? Can I subtract?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment