Whaddya waaant?

on May 2, 2011
I love Etsy. And I should probably be concerned how much time I can waste browsing through the shops. Nonetheless, I love Etsy.

Etsy is a website where people can create shops to sell their homemade items. The best part is that it ranges everywhere from jewelry to woodcarving to paper cutting to glassware to clothing to...etc, etc. The prices are usually fair, the creativity outstanding, the quality usually high and the possibilities seem endless. Often people will also offer custom services. And while I'm not always the best at going first to the small shop community, I love that I can support everyday people through their work rather than buying from a big business.

And I love that in the midst of all these beautiful objects, there's also a vast amount of quirky.

Like this:


(From spookcityarts etsy shop)

Yes, my friends. That is Godzilla and the Phantom of the Opera in the same photo. Love.

And then this really made me laugh:



I was even more amused to realize my name was already written in as the sample:


Ha, I can assure you I felt this way this very morning! Rar! (From kitschville)

I can't let today go by without wishing my big brother Will a very happy birthday! What would we do without you? I've watched you over and over again embody the very characteristics of love: the ability to always protect, always trust, always hope and always persevere. And you give fantastic hugs. May the rest of your week be awesome and your Godzilla movies be free of wonky trombones and scary fish masks. :)

1 comments:

Travis said...

I kinda want one of those mugs, even though I don't drink coffee, 'cuz they're just kinda awesome. (I kinda want one that literally says "Your name vs. The Morning", too.)

Post a Comment