Oh, when it's your wedding day.

on April 27, 2011
I've spent all day up to my elbows in wedding work and I'm so excited to show you soon how one of them is turning out. For one, its flowers we don't normally get to play with (which is fun) but also the color combo is just knockout. I'm not lead designer on that one (thank goodness) but I'm getting a ton of experience out of mimicking my bosses designs. She's a pretty incredible designer, so I'm really enjoying this opportunity to stretch my floral muscles a bit. This wedding provides challenges for both of us, which becomes amusing long after the shop is closed and we've been staring at our respective pieces for hours to get them just right.

Also, for an entirely different wedding, I had the opportunity this morning to make the bridal bouquet and I'm pleased with how it came out. I don't have much experience with handhelds simply because we don't do them as often. And considering I had spent the two hours before fighting with the smaller bridesmaids, I was surprised at how pleased the main piece turned out.

For those interested, work is apparently still being done on Carrie: an "exploratory workshop" is in motion, to lead to an Off-Broadway revival. Whoohoo!

Also, the Tonys are to be announced May 3rd. I would probably be more excited about this, but sadly I don't think I know of a single show that would be up for anything this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment