Collection of Late Night Thoughts

on January 15, 2012
Sporadic thoughts late at night.

 Do you know I slept over 11 hours last night? It was glorious.

For some reason, I was so ready to be off work this weekend that when I locked the door at 5 I almost did a victory dance. (I withheld until I was safely at home.) I think it was just a long week. Not a bad week. Just one where you're ready to be anywhere but work by the end of it.

We actually had another wedding last weekend that was a setup. If I would ever remember to edit the pictures I might post some of them here, but alas. I do however have a quick shot of the bridal:
Midnight blues & whites.

Holly asked me the other day if I was enjoying the unseasonably warm winter we've had so far. I LOVE it. In fact, we're supposedly going to get up to 70 on Monday. I'm so excited.
It's not that I'm against cold winters entirely - I really do like the change of seasons. Its just that we've had such bitter winters the past two or three years that I'm soaking up whatever warmth comes our way. I would love to scrape by with a mild winter this year.

Seriously, if you haven't listened to the Megas album yet, you're missing out. And once you listen to the original, go listen to this acoustic version. They're both incredible. These guys are awesome. They're on bandcamp, so you can listen to their albums on those links for free.

Okay, so I know I'm really, really late to the game here, but Newsies is awesome.
Wait....we know you've listened to Newsies before now. Right? Right...??
No worries! I have!
This is my history with Newsies: I had never even heard of it until probably high school when my cousin Jeff couldn't believe I had missed it. I was getting into musicals at that time, so I watched it and thought it was good. Really good. But I never really got into it. I never had the nostalgia factor with it and just never really attached to it. However, I've had my iPod on shuffle a lot more than usual recently and "Carrying the Banner" came on. Oh man! What a knockout! So much punch in one song. I've listened to it so many times in the past few days. I definitely plan on rewatching it.

This Wednesday Jeff & I are going to see the Addams Family musical! Yaaay! It's been awhile since I've seen a show.

Sleepy, sleepy.... Good night everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment