More on Tate / Playlist Assistance

on June 19, 2010
So since I found out I can give his soon-to-be-legal American name (but just not the currently-legal African one) I can assure you baby Tate is incredibly cute. He's 5 1/2 months old. I already have pictures to show off, so be sure to ask if you see me (again, can't post anything online yet). Even if you don't ask I'm sure you'll see them anyway and possibly numerous times since I keep forgetting who already has.

I could use some help. I'm working on a playlist for walking/jogging music and would really love some ideas. I tend to struggle with treadmills because 1) they cause major mental boredom and 2) they cause major mental boredom. I'm walking. W-a-l-k-i-n-g. They have tv's and I have mp3's so you wouldn't think it would matter but it does. So I have to keep myself moving, not bored and have major motivation. So far I've been listening to all Journey because they're pretty much spot-on what I'm looking for. They're strong driving beats with that great 80's dramatic flair. It opens with a great warm up in "Only the Young" and ends with "Lights." The current favorite of the bunch, however, is "Seperate Ways (Worlds Apart)". It feels epic. Boss battle epic. I could take this treadmill down (not really please!). It's also great to envision how you would rock out to it. But I'm needing some variety. And googling "exercise music lists" just isn't working. (They keep suggesting Fergie & Jay-Z. No.)

I'm vaguely considering the idea of joining Komen's Race for the Cure 3-mile run in October. Currently I can't run (um, jog) more than two minutes in any half hour session, so any time I mentally commit my body shivers in fear. Yikes. But I do love that Komen has a Sleep In For the Cure. That rocks. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment