Won't you save me, San Francisco?

on June 12, 2010
Truthfully, I have nothing to blog about tonight. Let's see what happens.

One of the computers went down again at work today. I thought my poor boss was going to explode. It's the motherboard again-- we apparently fell into the "two-week window" where Dell switched to a different type of motherboard for Teleflora products and something...went wrong with them. I don't remember now. Quality wasn't as high, something was off, blah blah blah, sensitive network card. We've been told so many things now that it just all runs together. So while three computers received new motherboards last week, we still have two with old ones (my boss tried to assure the representative they might as well go ahead and order two instead of one). If you've been following this whole ordeal, you know by now it's starting to sound like a joke. I keep wanting for some sort of punchline, a 'ba-dum ching!' in the background and flashing cameras to come out.
I know I should consider it a lesson in patience, but I am beyond upset with Teleflora for this insanity. While it was seemingly Dell's fault for the motherboard issue, we've been having a whole host of other problems with the software before this. Rar. This is ridiculous. Since February. Since February this saga has been unfolding. Since February I've been on the phone certainly weekly, and at times daily, with a technical rep to solve something. Where are the clowns, people? Send in the clowns.

(I know, I know. Sometimes I can't help myself. One of these days I'm going to try to write a post and see just how many theatre references I can make and how many you guys can guess.)

Speaking of, Catherine Zeta-Jones will be performing "Send in the Clowns" for the Tony Awards this Sunday at 7:00. And besides that and seeing what Fela! can bring, that's all I'm sort of curious/excited about in advance. Give me something exciting Broadway. Bring me back.

In happier news, I've about decided my birthday present to me may be buying tickets to see Train at Riverwind this year! (The fact that Nancy's Cupcakes are also in Norman just sweetens the deal.)

"Take me to my city by the bay..."

Sweet dreams, everyone.

1 comments:

Kelly said...

How to fix computers:

Get hammer.

Apply liberally.

Repeat if necessary.

(Really, though, I'm sorry it's so frustrating.)

Post a Comment