Chroncling Vday: Catch up.

on February 13, 2012
Official Countdown: 0 days. 
Final Weather Conclusion: It snowed in our area, but miraculously the roads & driveways were incredibly clear! Not an ounce of ice or slick spots. It was such a blessing. We are incredibly thankful. As for tonight, the snow has already almost completely melted and we're in good shape for tomorrow. Praise God.  

Sure, I'll say I didn't blog yesterday because it was my one day off and I intentionally planned that, buuuut it was really because I hadn't written by 11:00 PM and it no longer mattered. Getting a full nights rest was much more important.
(And I did sleep very well. A day of rest, indeed.)

Sleep is still high on the list for tonight, so this will be brief.


From the picture it doesn't look like much, but consider that all those shelves and everything on the floor is at least three deep, and at times four. And a significant amount of other arrangements have lapsed over into parts of our two other coolers as well. This is just so we can actually walk in.

We stayed until 9:00 tonight, which is an hour earlier than our usual cut off time. So our head start did indeed help. Plus, while there are parts of today that were very busy, there were also lapses of almost eerie silence. So we were at least able to keep working on Tuesdays throughout the day which is unusual.

Despite that though, we're doing great on orders it seems. Except for a few dozens pre-arranged there are no red roses left, and almost no roses left period. Awesome.

Valentine's morning is always rough - we immediately begin work on blowing up balloons for orders, adding plush, making sure everything is right on all these small school orders and then getting those school orders out as quickly and as soon as possible. Once those are over we can concentrate on everything else.

Sing it with me now: Ahem. "Oooooone day moooooooooooore!"



(I make that joke at work all the time and I think they assume I'm just randomly bursting into song.)



(Which, of course, I guess I am.)



(....but it is random if there's a reason? bah! must...not...think....)

0 comments:

Post a Comment