Birthdays!

on September 9, 2010
Do you realize there are four, count 'em, four birthdays in my family this week?
September through May we have lots of birthdays among family and friends. Whoohoo!

So to my loved ones who had birthdays throughout the week:

Carson: My favorite webslinger, dragonslayer, prince and friend of all things imaginary. Whether I'm the troll under the bridge or the kidnapped princess, watching you build dreams and believe in them never fails to make me smile. You are my superhero and I can't wait to watch you fly.

Grandpa Kime: Grandpa would have been 80 this year and his birthday would have been this past Tuesday. We clashed sometimes, but I never doubted he loved me and knew he was always teaching me what was good and right. Whenever I envision my "cloud of witnesses" I know he's one of my loudest supporters and on some days that is what keeps me going. His strength in the face of adversity lifts my feeble arms and strengthens my weak knees (Heb. 12:12).

Grandma Kime: My lovely, lovely grandma whom I love dearly. You are beautiful and you have always carried yourself with a grace and kindness that I can only pray & hope one day I can mirror. Thank you for all your love, all the tender care you've poured out on others over the years and, of course, all your cookies that sweeten the day. :) I love you.

Phyllis: How wonderful is my Phyllis? My Phyllis who, whether she realizes it or not, inspires me to let go and lets God as she practices it herself, who encourages me to stay on the straight and narrow and who never fails to let me know she loves me. I continually watch you lift up others and carry their burdens and I am honored to be your niece. I love you and I cherish whenever we get to chat. Thank you for always thinking of me and answering your phone when I call, even when you're almost asleep. ;)

Yay! Birthdays! I hope they were all wonderful. :)

While I'm here: look, links!

This is a photo of a baby seahorse. You should look. It'll make you smile. (Thanks Will!)

This is one of those things I'm afraid to link because it could turn around and all be a lie. Nonetheless, in case it turns out valid, it's too awesome and interesting not to post.

If you've seen The Dark Knight (which, if you haven't, we should talk) this is pretty funny. :)

1 comments:

Travis said...

Unfortunately, those scientists forgot that there is no air to heat up in space, so their tractor beam wouldn't work for spaceships.

Post a Comment