Stories from Work

on September 21, 2010
This past Saturday my coworker Carla went to visit a friend of hers whose mother suffers from Alzheimer's. The disease has taken away the mother's ability to speak clearly and anymore they struggle to understand her. Carla, who recently cared for and lost her own mother to Alzheimer's, decided to take flowers to the two to cheer them up.

When the mother saw the roses her face lit up and she very clearly exclaimed "How beautiful!" And wouldn't let them take the flowers from anywhere but right in front of her.

And as Carla put it, it's those little moments that keep you going when you're in the midst of caring for someone with an illness.

That warmed my heart. This is a much better translation of why I love my job moreso than the last post I attempted to write.

0 comments:

Post a Comment