Come and I will sing you, I will sing you twelve-o...

on September 23, 2010
"This week I had a lot more opportunities to work on larger casket pieces ($250 & up) than I usually have the chance to do."

Do you recognize that line? It was all of two posts ago.

Originally the reason I was taking over more pieces is because one of our main casket designers has a shoulder that is in need of repair and it aggravates her rotary cuff to design them in particular. Partially, this is still true.

The other half of that equation is that from last Friday to this Saturday we will have had twelve family pieces.

Twelve.

I mean, a really busy week for us is seven, maybe eight. But we had five funerals at the end of this week alone.

Aaaanyway. All of this practice has been awesome - I feel much stronger in my casket skills, especially for the lower priced ones (today I whipped one out in an HOUR. Scoooore!) and am improving at the higher ones. Yes. Awesome. Not awesome that Imy's shoulder causes her pain, cause I love Imy. But I am grateful for the learning lessons and how she always comes to my rescue when something doesn't look right.

Also in the mix, it looks like I'm in the process of a second go at taking a wedding from the ground up. Eheh...eheh...can you feel me twitching? They're so scary!

0 comments:

Post a Comment