And the world's turning inside out...

on September 4, 2010
Ah, September. You've swept in with your 80 degree days and 60 degree nights. I fully admit I was not looking forward to your cooler days. How could I? It means winter is right around the corner and I work at an icebox. Brr.

But this week has been gorgeous. Maybe I was ready to shed some of those 100 degree days (maybe). For a week (maybe). Maybe I'll be ready for winter when it rolls around in potentially late November. Maybe.

Fall: you're my favorite season. Sunflowers come into the shop in full force. Oranges, yellows, reds abound. All of nature seems to give one last flourish of beauty before winter sets in. Perfect temperatures. Ushering in the holiday season.

And despite what I say, winter, I actually like you too. For a little while. I love snow and being cold at Christmas. I would be sad if you were not there. But after February I'm giving you notice. Move it or lose it.

2 comments:

Travis said...

What, exactly, would winter lose if it did not leave after February?

Sherri said...

Shh Travis! Don't reveal my empty threat! :)

Post a Comment