Step 1: Panic.

on January 31, 2011
If you're not living in Oklahoma, you may be unaware that we're about under a state of emergency and was upgraded to blizzard warnings for this evening, even though there was no snow on the ground yet. Our weathermen are having a heyday. Historic Blizzard. Major, Major Storm. Travel Impossible.

That being said, it is sleeting outside now and has been plunking along for awhile now. Also, I heard/saw thunder snow for the first time, which I was pretty excited about. We're supposedly going to receive blizzard conditions tonight and throughout tomorrow morning and potentially receive 8" - 12" of snow depending on which way the wind blows.

So, if all that happens, we're hunkered down pretty well here. My tank is filled, we've got ice scrapers and blankets, food, cat food... My boss told us not to rush to work tomorrow, that we'd call each other and figure it out. If they're still going in, they can pick me up. And I'm pretty excited about the storm, just because I like the crazy weather for a change.

We did manage to rescue our paper early though (read: just now), which made my grandma very happy. (note: freezing rain hurts ears.) So thank you to our awesome paper thrower.

I'd be remiss if I let this day go by with no mention: today is my mother's birthday! She would have been 52. :) Love you momma!



Okay, so not the greatest pic of my dad, but I love that one of mom, so it wins out anyway. ;) Besides, I love that it looks like they took it themselves. :)

2 comments:

will said...

"The greater the historic blizzard, the greater the amount of panic you'll need."

Also--WOW, you look SO much like her!

Travis said...

I'm jealous of your blizzard. I want snow!

Also, Will's right (and he beat me to it), you look just like your mother.

Post a Comment