All the bells & whistles.

on April 16, 2011
It's a little intimidating to post after you haven't for several days. I feel like you're expecting something.

I have this car.

And beforehand, I had a different car. It was a Toyota, it was originally my mom's, and its alarm went off constantly. And randomly. I remember sitting at Sonic one time and suddenly it just started blaring. It wasn't long after we had bought it and mom sat there frantically pushing buttons and trying to search the manual for how to turn it off. (And also for why it was going off in the first place.) Mom said it was possessed and dubbed it 'Lucy' for Lucifer.

So now you know why my last car was Lucy.

My friends have stories. It would go off in their driveways. Late at night. For no reason. I have stories. Cats would jump on it. Youth at VBS would throw things at her tires it to make it go off.

This would go on to continue until its unfortunate fate while searching for turtles. (I know you always dreamed a grander death, Lucy. I'm sorry.)

After it was finalized as being totaled and I was officially car shopping I thought Wow. I can have a car where it will never go off randomly again.

....

Now this is still partially true. My car alarm does not (yet) go off randomly. No, now it goes off because I tell it to. Which is all the time.

See, the Toyota went off whenever it wanted. But the alarm feature on the keychain was indented. Therefore you had to actually intend to push it and I never had to. But on Nissan the alarm feature is even with the other buttons - right underneath lock, unlock and trunk in a neat little row. And even if I never intend to push, I do all.the.time.

Sit on keys wrong in pocket? Alarm. Set keys down too hard on counter? Alarm. Hand slips while unlocking car? Alarm. Press against pocket while shutting the door? BLAMBLAMBLAM.

And it has an amazing range. It doesn't matter if I'm back in my bedroom. Alarm.

So this actually means my car alarm goes off more now than it ever did in the Toyota.

Which is saying something, my friends. Which is saying something.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too hilarious! Woe is Sherri.

Travis said...

Perhaps you need a car that doesn't have an alarm?

Post a Comment