How I spend my time at the shop.

on April 3, 2011
How I spend my day at work varies. Are there tons of funerals? Is there preparation for a wedding? Are we terribly slow? Suddenly everyone wants white roses? Babies everywhere?!

So, for better or worse, here's a glimpse of a few personal designs and of how I've spent my (almost) five years at the shop... (A lot of the designs are "everyday" designs, meaning they're meant for someone's home.)

Two recent pieces...


This piece is a memorial ring, with an opening to set a picture frame or urn inside of... This is just from this past year.

For a wedding reception.... (notably, this was the wedding I spent eight hours painting hydrangeas for.)


One of my first larger-scale designs I was actually pleased with. Currently I still pull this design out when they're wanting something showy (and we've got the right flowers), except I've since improved it by pulling all those tall glads directly into the center.

OBU Winter Commencement...

Southern Winds Film Festival... (only second year at Graves, so I had a ton of help with this one.)

This is still my favorite easel, even though its from probably two years ago. Sadly, we don't usually carry those large callas.
Eh... the more I look at this one, the more things could be improved. It's probably from just starting my second year at the shop. I'm not as pleased with it now, but I like the colors. I should make another one of these and improve it.
I love sunflowers. They're so happy.

And anemones. (I was actually playing around with this one while the observers were in. I'm considering it an upscale bud vase.)

I'm still working on my bridal bouquets... Partially it's simply I don't work them that often, but it's also the trick of forming the nice, pretty circular shape while still creating dimension. Mrr. They're tricky.



Toss bouquet...

In general, I do a ton of cubes at work. They're probably my favorite everyday container to work in, especially since the customer can usually get more for their money this way (less space to fill, less flowers overall, but higher quality flowers can be used for the basic price.) So this style is pretty standard and my go-to arrangement.


Thanks for letting me share! :) Hope it wasn't too painful!

1 comments:

Travis said...

Wow! Those are really pretty! I especially like the two at the top.

Post a Comment