Easter weekend.

on April 26, 2011
Last night I tried to write a post about how awesome I thought it was that the drought was finally broken over Easter weekend. But the words weren't coming out right and I eventually gave up. Nonetheless, I still think that's pretty cool. Listening to the rolling thunder and pounding rain during Sunday morning services wrapped it all up together for me. A shadow, a mirror, a reminder of the resurrection in a sense. New life. New growth. Things that were once dying, or struggling along, salvaged. A double blessing: the celebration of life, the celebration for rain. Jubilation for both falling hand in hand. And in the back of my mind the whisper:
I feel the thunder in the sky, I see the sky about to rain, and I hear the prairies calling out Your Name...

I had a beautiful Easter playing with my kids. The Kime's & McBrides came down Saturday and Sunday and I soaked up some lovely family time. Unfortunately, the storm cut the time short, but I still had a chance to spend time with all of them. They enjoyed their Easter baskets. It was really nice.

The next two weeks at work are potentially heavy. This week is Administrative Professionals week, but that's been slow these past few years so I'm not expecting much there. The local prom is this weekend. Two weddings this weekend, one major and one minor. The following week is Mother's Day week. Caskets are beginning to stack.
I'm actually pumped about the weddings. One of them is going to be quite different from anything we've done before, with lots of fun tropicals and unusual touches. Also, its a setup, which we haven't had in awhile. I may not be a part of that particular team, but I should be flying out there anyway to take pics. It'll be a nice change of pace. Any pretty pics, I'll be sure to share.

Did you know the baby elephant was born at the Zoo? (Thanks Travis!) I'm so excited! (Go to the link, you can vote for her name.) They won't be on display for awhile, but once they are I'm so ready to finally see their new home and see the new calf. In the meantime, there's a live elephant cam, but I haven't been able to catch them on that yet either. I love elephants!

0 comments:

Post a Comment