Dark Knight Rises Teaser Trailer: It's the bat-man....

on July 21, 2011
This was not what I expected.



Mind you, I don't think its bad or disappointing. It just blew me away on the grounds that I didn't see this kind of trailer coming at all.

Well, what did you expect then?

Eric had actually given me a heads up the day before the opening of Harry Potter that the trailer had been leaked and that he had seen it and it did include new footage. So I knew to no longer expect just a voiceover over the logo like they did for Dark Knight.

So. I expected the now iconic shot of Bruce Wayne climbing the mountain from Begins and a few shots from Knight, etc. etc and then flash-bang quick action shots with a resounding boom as the title screen appeared and Bane's famous "I will break you."

That's exactly what I expected.

So. The opening footage rolling by, there's the mountain as anticipated, the cave, things are moving along --

Whaaaat? Gordon!? GORDON!? Is that GORDON?! On a HOSPITAL BED?!

Mind. Blown. I was so stunned that at the end of the trailer I had no idea how to intially react - and apparently no one else in the theatre did either because an eerie quiet came over. (I've read reviews of the teaser that mention the same response happening in several different theatres. Mind you, it also didn't help that it was difficult to understand what Gordon was saying.)

SO. This puts an entirely different feel than I was anticipating for the next movie and I'm excited by this because I now feel that same sort of Dark Knight curiosity, "How are they going to manage to work all this into one film? And where on earth is this going?" And GORDON!

Only 364 days away.

Speaking of trailers, and because I love them, here's a couple more you might have interest in.

The Amazing Spiderman



The Woman in Black

0 comments:

Post a Comment