Meandering indeed.

on July 20, 2010
My family is coming in in less than two weeks. Which means all my projects must be quickly knocked out. Especially considering this Sunday starts VBS and I'll be out most evenings through next Wednesday.
But things are moving along smoothly. My picture project is almost complete (at least stage 1, which is all I'm aiming for right now). All I have left to do is buy a few more storage boxes but they're already all organized and ready to slide in. These boxes are much safer than how they were stored before and are labeled. And all the junk pictures are trashed. (why, mom, why did you let five year old me have a camera with film? and more importantly, why did you keep all of them? parakeets. fish tank. clouds. more parakeets. dogs. fish tank. clouds. more parakeets.)
How many pictures exactly did I go through? So far I've put in over ten hours on this project. And if Grandma wasn't there to help figure out what happened what year and who is who I would've been totally lost. She rocks.

Tonight Grandpa, Phyllis and I spent the evening playing our mandolins. Or more accurately, Grandpa played around on all his instruments and Phyllis and I made vain attempts to keep up. I really enjoy it though - you learn a lot of the old songs and my Grandpa's knowledge of them is vast.
My personal favorite is an old standard entitled Redwing, but I also love Black Mountain Rag and Golden Slippers as well. Redwing's melody is just gorgeous.

I haven't read any further on Till We Have Faces which makes me sad. I just haven't had the time (or the mindpower) to sit down and devote to it again.

I can't express how glad I am that I'm off tomorrow. Really. Not that today was bad. I'm just glad I'm off. :)

Meanwhile, I will leave you with incredible, incredible cuteness:

0 comments:

Post a Comment