Victory!

on July 11, 2010
Paul for the win!

Listen to that roaring crowd, Paul. Soak this in. You made the World Cup interesting. They are calling your predications "The Paul Effect." Get some rest and come back in fighting shape.

Sigh. So I guess I have to get some rest myself, right? Back to work tomorrow...

While I'm here, I must say that Despicable Me was surprisingly enjoyable. I wasn't expecting much out of it. I had little interest in seeing it. But its certainly a fun movie, lots of heart, lots of little moments that help build the film. ("Three sleepy kittens...really? you like this stuff? this is literature?") So I'm glad I saw it.

Kelly & I also rewatched the 1925 silent version of Phantom of the Opera tonight. I've always enjoyed watching Lon Chaney as Erik because I love how he uses his whole frame. Obviously there's no option of relying on his voice to carry the role and no relying on facial features, so it all has to be done through the body. There's one particular nice moment when he first touches Christine with his hand and the fear, nervousness and still the desire all translate beautifully through that one small movement. Lovely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment